As we already know, Google will end its free photo and video upload service to Google Photos on June 1, 2021. Google says that photos you upload before that date will be safe. But after June 1, the photos and videos you upload will reduce the 15 GB of free storage that Google has provided.
Free services are prone to sudden changes. We don’t know what kind of new rules Google will make in the future. It could be that Google will later delete our old photos and videos. So it is best to be safer we should also be on the lookout for storing photos and videos in our own local storage.
Eits, before you get dizzy because the photos and videos you uploaded are already hundreds or even thousands, it turns out that there is an easy way to download them all at once! Namely through the Google Takeout service.
Here’s how to download or download all photos and videos on Google Photos
- Log in to your Google account via a browser.
- Open Google Takeout (takeout.google.com)
- Scroll down, select/check the data you want to download. In this case Google Photos.
- There select the album you want to download, you can select all of them.
- If you have clicked the next step
- In the next stage, you will choose the download method, either via a link sent to an email, or added to Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive. But the easiest is via email.
- Choose the download frequency, you can make it scheduled or download it just once. For this time you can select it only once or Export it once.
- Next, you choose the format and size of each file, starting from 1 GB to 50 GB. Free to choose which one. If you choose 2 GB per file while your photos and videos reach more than 40 GB you will get lots of links in one email which you can download one by one until a total of 40 GB.
- If you have just click Create an export
- Now you just have to wait for Google to send you an email. If you have a lot of files, you have to be patient. My experience yesterday for 71 GB files about a day later I can email.
- If you have compressed the email, just download it via the included link.